Disclaimer

"This blog does not supply iodine, which is a necessary nutrient. Please take all posts with a grain of salt."


Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Reminder

No, this isn't about the Feist album. I wish. Maybe I will take a page out of DLC's book and do an album review one of these days, but it's hard when I have his standard to live up to. I just simply don't know as much about music as he does. I wish.

Every month/few weeks I get a day that reminds me of him. He being a certain missionary in a certain country in a certain part of Europe. The last time was a few weeks ago. During my psycho week, actually. I woke up from a dream about him only to have Blue Canary remind me of him, via this guy, as I listened to shuffle on my way to school. I read an email from him when I got to campus and, of course, the rest of my classes conspired to bring him up. We even discussed his "counterpart" in my English class. Then I got his name in the apple game, and the kids at work guessed what my bracelet meant. And Blue Canary brought him up again on the way home. I finally felt guilty enough that I finished my letter to him and sent it off.

Today was another one of those days. Blue Canary was at it again. Our mutual acquaintances from Timpview were all over campus for me to run into, and the photo tab just had to bring those dance pictures up for me to see again. I read a poem on the English composition board and realized at the end that it was his father's. Then, weirdest of all, while sitting in the JFSB's west study area, I noticed a familiar face walk past a few times. I was trying desperately to place it and feeling a little insane that I couldn't. He sat down in one of the empty chairs and started talking to his study group. I couldn't help but hear since everyone else was so quiet. Finally after hearing that he lived north of the temple I made the connection. It was his brother! And of course I had to make a fool of myself and talk to him to make sure I was right. Ugh. Another embarrassing day. Maybe soon my subconscious, my destiny, and my iPod will stop making me think about him.

But probably not.

1 comment:

  1. "We even discussed his "counterpart" in my English class.oh really... hmmm?

    i stalk your blog.

    ReplyDelete