Disclaimer

"This blog does not supply iodine, which is a necessary nutrient. Please take all posts with a grain of salt."


Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Magic of Every Day

I am daily delighted by small, inconspicuous things. Things that sound ridiculous to someone else. I'm convinced we all have these things. I don't imagine that I'm the only person who does this. But I've found that, no matter what else is going on or going wrong in my life, I am able to find joy in clouds, in sunlight, in leaves, in simple blessings such as the ability to whistle, or strong hands. The smell of old books, of new books, and of call slips (aka carbon paper) remind me that my Heavenly Father loves me, and that my life truly is remarkably charmed, despite small tiffs, little disappointments, and the demands of school. And I allow these things, small though they may be, to rise to the surface above whatever stresses I'm dealing with, likely because I'd rather be happy than not, and have figured out how to be that way.

One of my favorite blogs put those feelings and beliefs into words so succinctly:

"May you find the time to listen to the whispers of your heart. Therein lies a powerful deity with more potential than anyone alive could know. If the people of earth could see and understand this potential, the world would dance for you! This world would dance for everyone...and you know, I believe it does. We must find the music in our daily life! Sometimes it's hidden in our suffering or buried deep within our longing. It's often as obvious as a bird or the sea or as loud as a storm! But we need to learn to sing and dance while the music is being played or we might miss everything."

May you find the music in your life, and learn to dance, for in so doing, your world will become more beautiful than you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment