I'm a little disappointed to not be celebrating the big 100th anniversary of Arizona's entrance into the nation with my family, as we celebrate Arizona Statehood Day every year with Mexican food and AZ flags (oh, and all that Valentine's stuff, too), much less in the United States, but I can't really complain, seeing as I'm in Israel, and everything, I mean everything, is more exciting here.
We did celebrate with delicious candy in class (so illicit!), Valentines-stuffed mailboxes, and cookie grams, not to mention the obligatory, Center-scheduled Palestine party where we ate Palestinian food and learned Palestinian dances. We are continuing the party with studying for two (two! And it's not as if the professors don't know our exact schedule) midterms tomorrow. Somewhere in there we're going to plan a Valentine's dance (us American kids are so starved for the usual goings-on of a Provo singles' ward, apparently).
Pictures to follow. I hope your celebrations were satisfactory.
No comments:
Post a Comment