Disclaimer

"This blog does not supply iodine, which is a necessary nutrient. Please take all posts with a grain of salt."


Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Senior Recital...and everything that came after...

Maria and I had our Senior Recital on Friday! Finally. I'm done. There's nothing left for me to do. I think I'm completely done with school. It's a WONDERFUL feeling. The recital went pretty well. Since I played all my pieces from memory, there was one, the Sonatina I performed waaayyy back in middle school, in which I totally forgot the left hand part, and I made it up as I went. How I love 20th century pieces! Maria and I traded off on performing, and it was nice to have a break between each of my pieces. Not to mention, the moral support was wonderful. One of my very considerate friends even taped the whole thing for us, though I think he dropped his camera at one point. All in all, it was just grand. I'm an official Master Musician! My name's on the wall and I've finished my recital. Ahhhh.


Just a few of the people I love the most!


But the best part came after the recital. Just the day before I'd been invited into a group for a group date.The plan was for everyone to meet at my recital, and leave for the date from there. We gathered everyone together (Patrick and Anna, McKay and myself), added Chandler and Maria to the group, and started walking to Patrick's house. We played in his backyard, then went inside to fingerpaint. After Chandler and Maria left and we washed the stains off of ourselves and Patrick's floor, we were ready for the next stage: the HOPE Squad social.

Patrick asked McKay to drive his truck so that Patrick and Jonathan and their dates could take Patrick's car. Patrick offered to let McKay follow them, since we (McKay and I) had no idea where to go. Here's where it gets funny. As I got out of Patrick's car when he drove us to the Band Room where McKay had parked, I made a joke about his driving skills. He put on his pretending to be annoyed face and raced out of the parking lot. The problem was, we didn't know where he was going, nor did he have a cell phone on him. To make a long story short, McKay and I made some attempts to find him, then went back to his house to hang out (after racing a bike-riding Eric Smith down Canyon Road).
I eventually got a call on the cell phone I had with me, and a very guilt-ridden Patrick apologized more than a dozen times. Poor kid. He felt so bad.....he didn't remember us until he was on the freeway and halfway to Spanish Fork. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and hope he just forgot we didn't have directions. But by then, it was too late for us to follow them, since McKay had to be home early. They offered to kidnap me after McKay took me home, but I once again told them it was fine, and that I'd feel like a 5th wheel.

When McKay finally took me back to my house, it was about 10:30 (so much for early!). As we stopped at the stop sign onto Quail, a car pulled up behind us, honking and flashing their lights. McKay decided it must have been Rob Driggs, since it had just turned out of the street he lives on. We ignored him and drove home. But when we got to my house, there were four people waiting for us there. Jonathan, Becca, Anna, and Patrick had gone to the Creamery, bought a box of Earnestly Chocolate, and wrote a note on it for me. Then they had gone to my house to try to kidnap me, but I hadn't gotten home yet, so they went to McKay's house. They just barely missed us, and then they ended up behind us at the stop. They raced us home, and just barely beat us. McKay left to go home early, but the rest of us stayed at my house til midnight. We laughed so hard the whole time! Everything's funnier after 10. There was even a moment where Anna laughed so hard she had to run to the bathroom, which made Patrick laugh so hard that he had to take a pillow outside to muffle his laughter from waking my sister up.

With all this, it may not surprise you that I didn't once feel like a 5th wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment