Disclaimer

"This blog does not supply iodine, which is a necessary nutrient. Please take all posts with a grain of salt."


Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Pillow Concert

Once again, the wonderful, annual tradition we students at Timpview call the Pillow Concert has come and gone. And this time, I've gone with it. Never again will I play with the Jazz Band. Yes, I just heard some individuals sigh with relief....(we all know who I'm talking about)...but I will miss it. I have to admit that this year's concert seemed slightly less well put together. I blame the block schedule; everything comes up on you twice as fast. But it could have been the conspicuous lack of Ryan Hill. Or Jon Ostenson. Either way, it was a let down when it came to faculty artists. There just weren't enough of them, or enough practice. But the rest of the music was sweet. "Minuano" made me really....*ahem*.... respect Brad, though I do question his musical tastes now. "Mira Mira" was pretty sweet. Pat and I were really rockin' it....for a white girl. Right. Who am I kidding? We played Earth, Wind, and Fire's "Got to Get You Into My Life," which was amazing thanks to Dr. Fullmer's unexpected vocals. And hey, we even payed to get Michael Jackson there! If you thought he was expensive, though, we also imported the BeeGees, straight from the 1970's!
The costumes were impressive, as always. Well, somewhat impressive. The trombones, typical of them, just covered themselves in duct tape, and the saxes all dressed in scrubs. But the trumpets were wearing short shorts, basketball jerseys, and huge fros. It was sweet!
I don't think anyone took Jordan seriously when he came down to solo for I Remember Clifford. Amber and I dressed up in suits to be the (Wo)Men in Black, and Clinton was our Man in White.
I have to admit, though, that I definitely looked more ridiculous thanks to my wearing my dad's suit jacket, instead of one that fit. I looked pretty ridiculous last year, too, but it was a cute kind of ridiculous.

Afterward, some of my friends ended up at my house for pizza. All in all, it was a sweet evening, and a tradition I'll definitely miss after graduation.

2 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP LEE!!! How CAN you do so much crap on the computer and still have a life???
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, I think. That's harsh. By the way, the famous one is on the right, and my brother's on the left. And I type fast, 80 wpm, in fact. *giggle*

    ReplyDelete