I am just so lucky! How did I manage to snag a fake brother as cool as PseudoBro? The other day, I was remembering everything that led to it. It started the summer before he came back to The High School, when my cousin said something inspired. She told me, while we were hanging out with one of her "brothers" that "every girl needs a few fake brothers." Seeing them together, I decided that it was so true, and that I had to get myself a couple.
Lucky me, that summer I met PseudoBro again at the Remembering the Prophet Joseph Youth Choir (he doesn't remember that, but I do. Maybe he forgot because I wasn't nearly as "head and shoulders above" everyone else back then). I remembered him from our Kodaly Choir days at The Pit. I'd always been excited to meet someone from The Pit again, and he was no exception. So, I was really excited when I found out he was in my history class that year. Somehow, and I can't quite remember how, probably because we realized we knew each other from 3rd grade, we became good friends. During the first week of school, I "adopted" him. I've had other brothers since, but they've come and gone. PseudoBro is the only one who's been my brother the whole time (well, there was a short break for Senior Ball, but that's immaterial). He is such a sweet guy, so talented, and so darn charming. I just have to say again how lucky I am! I always wanted an older brother. It took me 14 years, but I did get one. And it's true, family is always there for you. Even fake family.
No comments:
Post a Comment