So I found out last night from a girl in my ward that I looked just like a girl from her freshman ward. Apparently we share the same hair color and height and have similar glasses and face shape. Oh, and of course, we both happen to be incredibly good looking. This girl in my ward, Holly, told me that, apparently, she almost mistook me for her freshman-year friend the first time she saw me at church and nearly greeted me as "Camille". I thanked her for telling me, rather amused at the similarity, but not yet prepared to admit that there's someone else out there on campus who looks like me.
But let's face it. On a college campus that contains more than 30,000 students who come from all across the country and the world, probability suggests that a number of us are going to share similar physical characteristics. For that matter, for each of my missionary friends, there's a boy on campus who looks enough like him to make me double take as we pass. There are a few girls who've been compared to Madea before, mostly because of their shared so-called similarity to Raven. There's been enough evidence that I'm ready to accept the existence of University Twins, but I wasn't prepared to posit, as some of my acquaintances have, that every student has a University twin, and least of all that I do.
But then today, I walked into the International Cinema theatre to hear this man speak (which was amazing by the way) and innocently sat down in an unoccuped row. Shortly thereafter, three apparently theater students sat down behind and to the side of me and began talking loudly. I payed little attention to them, so I was surpsised when I felt one of them hit me on the shoulder to get my attention as he stood up to fill his waterbottle.
"Hey!" he said.
"Hey???" I responded.
"I know you, don't I?" he asked.
"Uh, I don't think so."
"You're not Camille, then?"
"No." I was a little unnerved by this time, in light of what I'd been told the night before. "But I've been told before that I look like someone named Camille."
He went on to explain to me just how much I looked like her, and how he actually knew this girl. He was also quick to mention that he hadn't seen her for a while, which is why he was able to mistake me for her. In the course of the conversation, he mentioned that she was from Vermont, which unsettled me further. Earlier in the course of the year, someone had also thought they knew me. Unconvinced that they didn't, they asked me if I wasn't from Vermont, or if I had any relatives there.
So, in conclusion, that makes three people that think I look like this mystery "Camille." Two random strangers, and one ward member. And apparently I look enough like her that random strangers will stop me and try to talk to "Camille." I've never seen her before, but I hope I recognize her when I see her, considering I see her twin in the mirror every day. I'm still not entirely convinced that I have a University Twin. I just can't accept that there's someone out there as good looking as me. But if I see her, I will have to eat my words and admit that I really do have a twin.
i don't think we look alike. haha.
ReplyDelete