You can look it up on youtube if you want something entertaining and cute, or just take my found-on-google translation and listen to it here for yourself. Maybe you'll catch a little bit of why I find Hindi such a compelling, beautiful, and artistic language, and why I think this song is just so much dang fun.
Jai:
chori bazari do naino ki, pehle thi aadat jo hat gayi
The habit we had of stealing glances is gone now.
pyaar ki jo teri meri, umar aayi thi woh kat gayi
The age of love which dawned on us is over for good now.
duniya ki toh fikar kaha thi, teri bhi ab chinta ghat gayi
I never cared about this world, and you feel the same way too now.
Meera:
tu bhi tu hai, main bhi main hoon
You are the same you, I am the same me,
duniya saari dekh ulat gayi
but it seems like the whole world’s upside down.
tu na jaane main na jaanu
Neither you nor I know
kaise saari baat palat gayi
how all this turned out.
Jai:
ghatni hi thi yeh bhi ghatna,
Seems like all this had to happen,
ghatte ghatte lo yeh ghat gayi
and with time, it finally has.
haan… chor bazari do naino ki, pehle thi aadat jo hat gayi
The habit we had of stealing glances is gone now.
tareef teri karna haan,
Praising you all the time,
tujhe khone se darna haan,
fearing losing you,
haan.. bhool gaya ab, tujhpe din mein char dafaa marna
and falling for you all throughout the day; I have given it all up.
tareef teri karna haan,
Praising you all the time,
tujhe khone se darna haan,
fearing losing you,
haan.. bhool gaya ab, tujhpe din mein char dafaa marna
and falling for you all throughout the day; I have given it all up.
Meera:
pyaar bimari, utree saari
The fever of love has completely gone
waadon ki badli bhi chhat gayi
and the clouds of promises have cleared.
hum se main pe aayi aise
We went from‘we’ back to ‘I’ so quickly
mujhko toh main hi main ratt gayi
I can’t think beyond myself now.
Jai:
ek huey they do se dono,
We became one from two,
dono ki ab rahein bant gayi
and the two of us have separate paths now.
*Instrumental Break*
ab koi fikar nahi
There are no worries now.
gham ka bhi zikar nahi
No ounce of gloom is left now.
haan…hota hoon main jis raste pe, aaye khushi wahin….
Wherever I go now,
azaad hoon main tujhse
I am free from you;
azad hai tu mujhse
You too are free from me.
jo bhi chahe jaise chahe, kar le aaj yahin
Wherever you want to go, make your choice right here, right now.
Meera:
laaj sharam ki, choti moti
From those little apprehensions in love
jo thi dori woh bhi kat gayi
the strings attached are cut for good now.
chowk choubare gali mohalle
All paths, all crossroads, everywhere
khol ke main saare ghoonghat gayee
I went to, without any fear of anyone.
Jai:
tu na badli main na badla
Neither you nor I changed,
but the whole of Delhi did.
Meera:
ek ghoont mein duniya dari
In a gulp of these worldly ways,
ki main saari samajh nigal gayi
I understood it all, how it works.
haan..,rang biranga paani peeke
By
seedhi saadi kudi bigaad gayi
a simple straight
dekh ke mujhko hasta gaata
While looking at me all laughing and singing
thie world fumed with jealousy.
No comments:
Post a Comment