Sir William asked me to write a new post to entertain him (don't ask me why he chose that name. Just note that he chose it, not I). I feel morally obligated at this point to not write something new, simply to be contrary. But then again, aren't good friends supposed to encourage you to grow and improve at good things? And I'm sure updating one's blog falls somewhere in the realm of good things. Resisting for the sake of resisting would probably be considered ungrateful.
I continue to be amazed at how the Lord truly does know how to give good gifts. He understands so much better than we do what we truly want and need. How would I have known that I should have stuck around this summer? I didn't, but he did. And because I was here, I was able to serve at Girls' Camp, and stretch myself and my heart in new and necessary ways. I was here when friends got home from missions, only to discover that we really were (still) friends. I was able to make new friendships, deepen the old ones, and learn to love more. I learned to deal with certain frustrations and felt woefully unprepared for others. I just enjoyed my family, and reunited with my home stake and ward families. It was beautiful, and it was just what I needed.
In hindsight, I can understand how the Lord has had a hand in shaping all of my opportunities and experiences in this way. Even though this sometimes means things don't go according to my plan, I'd much rather live my life the way the Lord would want me to. After all, in the end, I realize that's what I wanted all along as well. I just couldn't understand enough to see it until after the fact.
No comments:
Post a Comment