Did you know that the steam given off by dry ice can suspend soap bubbles? And it turns out that you can touch dry ice with your skin for very short amounts of time. And when you try to shock your friends with a 1,500 volt battery, you get much more dramatic effects when one of them has a hand on a metal sink. I realized it's much more important to teach your kids not to play with electricity than with fire. Or in this case, large batteries pose a greater threat to long term mental damage than matches do. Do you know Chandler? Case in point.
I also discovered that the perfect way to end a night of playing mad scientist is with an episode of the office. I consider myself lucky that I know so many individuals who remind me of the characters. However, I may not think so after a couple of years with them.....
So, basically, I cannot wait to turn 18, so I can buy dry ice and "try this at home!"
No comments:
Post a Comment