Disclaimer

"This blog does not supply iodine, which is a necessary nutrient. Please take all posts with a grain of salt."


Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Band Dance!!!

So last night I was sitting at home, bored, wondering what to do with myself when RedHotHair calls me and says "Guess what? Tonight's the Band Dance! Wanna go?" And so, still being the band nerd that I am (it must be in my DNA), I said "of course!!" It turned out not being all bad. I thought I'd escaped the pull high school had on my heart strings, but not so. I walked into the pavilion at the Day's Church, and I was hit with a wash of memories. Literally. It was a nice reception. Good to know people loved me and missed me.

But it really did feel like home. The only difference was that there were people there I didn't know, and not many people there from my class. I think that Britt, RedHotHair, Matt, DoubleYou, and I were the only alumni to come. But it was a good dance, like always, although there was that age old problem of too many girls and too few boys. Way too many girls sitting out on the slow dances. I danced the first dance with DoubleYou, and then the only other slow dance, I danced with lil' PseudoBro. 

But, aww! I love him to death! In fact, I've claimed him for my brother too. How could I resist? He's always smiling, and he's always so happy to see you, no matter who you are. He never lets anything get him down. That kid has just about the best outlook on life I've ever seen. AND he can dance! I'm so proud of him. He's going to be the kind of boy that girls flock to. He turns 16 in September, in case anyone wanted to know! (wink wink)

To be perfectly honest, I love all that family. You'll never find another as talented, happy, and upbeat as them. Well, actually, I could name a few, but none of them have all the siblings close enough in age to go to high school together. Lucky me, finding PseudoBro when I did. But I've already said enough about him before, haven't I? I'll just leave it at this: This family I adopted is becoming more and more like real family every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment