Disclaimer

"This blog does not supply iodine, which is a necessary nutrient. Please take all posts with a grain of salt."


Monday, July 21, 2008

Butterflies!!

Wow! Weeks worth of waiting has finally paid off! I'm going to EFY next week!!!! I love EFY so much. Did you know that you participate in over 100 prayers at EFY during the whole week? And how often do you get taught out of the scriptures so often and so much? When do you get to be around so many other kids who are all trying so hard to do right? And when do you get to have five sleepovers, one pizza party, one concert, one games night, one FHE, one banquet, and TWO DANCES all in one week?!?!

But at the same time, I know I'll be way out of my comfort zone. I'm going to EFY by myself. That's what I did last year, and I loved it, but it's like I need a certain security of being around people who already know and love me for me to be able to reach out and be completely outgoing. At the same time, it could be that I'm picking up on my friends' attitudes and their personalities, and that outgoing, cheerful, fearless (yeah right!) person isn't me at all, but an extension of my friends, with a little of me mixed in. It seems to me that this EFY, where I'll know no one but the PseudoChilluns, could be a time when I'll get to know the real ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment