Disclaimer

"This blog does not supply iodine, which is a necessary nutrient. Please take all posts with a grain of salt."


Thursday, July 3, 2008

First time for everything

Wow. So I just taught my first piano lesson. Talk about intimidating. I know, I know, she's only 6, but yes, I was scared of a 6 year old just for that little bit she was here. It went pretty well, but I don't think I'm going to make such a good teacher. I know, I know, it's just a first impression, but I'm not so good at rewarding with material things. I'd rather just teach people who enjoy learning and want the knowledge of music. I guess that means that I'd rather have students who are older, but I don't feel qualified to teach them. Hm....that sucks.

Well, the lesson went pretty well, she was having fun, it looked like, though she was a little impatient that she couldn't jump in and start playing on her very first time. I'll have to explain to her next week that everything she's doing now will make her a better pianist later. She's so cute, though. I love her! We talked about sitting like a princess at the piano, and the bubbles, of course, and the dog that lives in the doghouse next to the grandma and the aunt. (All to help her learn her note names.) She sounded like she had fun, and I gave her stickers for everything good she did. That was one of her favorite parts of the lesson, getting stickers for doing good stuff.

Well, I learned that things aren't really as hard as they seem, and it's possible to live through just about anything. And hey, maybe in the process, you'll live it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment