Disclaimer

"This blog does not supply iodine, which is a necessary nutrient. Please take all posts with a grain of salt."


Monday, October 27, 2008

Farewell Goodbye.

Today DoubleYou spoke in church. There were 40+ visitors there that I recognized, more that I didn't; a testament to how much he's loved, and to what an example he's been. I know he's been a great example to me. But even better, he's been a friend. Who was it that got me to do Marching Band? Yep, him. Who was it that gave me that final nudge out of that destructive relationship two and a half years ago? You got it, him. Who is it that inspires me every day to do better, reach higher, smile bigger, laugh deeper, feel richer, and love more earnestly? Do I even need to say it? 

And, once again, I wonder what I'll do without that influence for two years. I can't wait to write him, to get our communication down on paper (albeit of the digital sort). I'm eager to see what he'll turn out to be. As I told Oman tonight, I'm more impatient to see how my friends and confidantes turn out than I am to see how I'll become. Perhaps I have more patience with myself, or I recognize the beauty of the journey. Either way, I want to find out how DoubleYou will be when he gets home. And, I suppose I'm violating my own belief in a way, but I want to find out if we'll still be friends. But it's my destiny, after all, and if I still want us to be, we very likely will be. I'm not in the passenger seat, here, after all, even though SHeDAISY might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment